He famously vowed he would rather slit his wrist than do another stint as James Bond.
But it seems Daniel Craig, 49, will Never Say Never Again after it has emerged he is reportedly in talks to sign up for not one, but two more 007 films.
A source told The Sun: ‘There was plenty of talk about who would be the next Bond but Barbara has managed to talk Daniel into two more films.’
Producers are keen to seal the deal with the four-time 007 actor since they have allegedly set their sights on a November 2019 release date.
But it appears to be good news for the movie makers as they are said to be close to closing in on an agreement for the latest flick.
The insider added: ‘The script is nearly ready for the 25th film, provisionally titled Shatterhand and scheduled to be released in November 2019 so there is no time to waste on getting Daniel locked in.
‘But the deal is almost done and the idea of returning to On Her Majesty’s Secret Service for the 26th movie is really exciting.’
Position of power: Producers are keen to seal the deal with the four-time 007 actor since they have allegedly set their sights on a November 2019 release date
Revealed: Daniel famously vowed he would rather slit his wrist than do his fifth stint in the James Bond franchise
Writers are thought to be looking at reworking On Her Majesty’s Secret Service – which sees Bond married before his blushing wife is killed off – for Daniel’s final moment as the spy.
It would be big shoes to fill since George Lazenby slipped into the much coveted secret agent role for the original movie in 1969.
The claims emerge shortly after initial speculation that Daniel would be reprising his role as 007, according to The New York Times.
The highly-anticipated action/adventure flick will be the 25th movie in a franchise that has thrilled generations of cinemagoers.
Eon Productions that oversees everything Bond and Metro-Goldwyn Mayer, which holds rights to the franchise, announced Monday that Bond would return to US cinemas on November 8, 2019 with an earlier release in Britain and worldwide.
Action man: The 49-year-old starred in four earlier iterations – including 2012’s Skyfall – in which Craig starred to critical acclaim and box office success
The film’s cast and director would be announced ‘at a later date,’ they said in a statement. On Tuesday, MGM declined to comment on the Times report.
Writers of the new movie will be Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, the same duo behind previous Bond films, including the four earlier iterations in which Craig starred to critical acclaim and box office success.
Craig’s return had been subject to furious speculation.
In 2015 he told Time Out magazine: ‘I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists… We’re done. All I want to do is move on.’
Asked if he meant for good, he told the magazine: ‘For at least a year or two… If I did another Bond movie, it would only be for the money.’
Craig later distanced himself from those remarks, attributing them to being tired after a grueling shoot for 2015 Bond movie Spectre.
Potential replacements touted as the silver screen’s most iconic secret agent have been British actors Tom Hiddleston and Idris Elba.
The Mirror has also reported that producer Broccoli is determined to have superstar Adele back to sing the theme song for Bond 25.
The singer won an Oscar for her theme for Skyfall, Bond’s most profitable film to date with takings of £885 million.
You must log in to post a comment.