Details of FFK’s Journey With Drug Addiction, Inheritance Liquidation And Mental Home Rehabilitation

While schooling in London, Olufemi Adewunmi Fani-Kayode embraced hard drugs through the influence of Nazir Ado Ibrahim and Yeni Adefarasin (Now a Pastor and younger brother of Pastor Paul Adeolu Adefarasin)

After his bitter divorce from his first wife Yemisi Adeniyi a daughter of retired Lagos High Court Judge and niece of the then Minister of Trade and Investment, Mr. Olusegun Aganga (her mother is the elder sister of the Minister), Femi Fani-Kayode finally plunged himself into the world of narcotics.

Between late 1993 and 1994 he practically became a ‘junkie’.

His father, Chief Babaremilekun Adetokunbo Fani-Kayode was then down with prostate cancer and was undergoing chemotherapy in London.
His mother, Deaconess Adia Adunni Fani-Kayode, who was then attending The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM), sought the counsel of the Church’s founder, Bishop Okonkwo who advised that Femi be taken to Bishop Nicholas Duncan Williams’ Christian Action Faith Ministry’s Mental Home in Ghana.

When Femi Fani-Kayode was finally bundled to the mental home in Accra, he found a good company in the person of Yemi Adefarasin (son of the late former Chief Judge of Lagos State).

Also, Rev. Bako (of the famous Kafanchan riot) was the principal of the ministry’s Bible College. After intense prayers, supplications and counseling, Femi Fani-Kayode was cured of drug addiction and lunacy.


Regina (ex-wife) stayed with FFK in Nigeria at their Marine road, Apapa residence. Femi’s late mother, Deaconess Adunni Fani-Kayode then instructed her son to be his father’s eye at his Law Chambers (Fani-Kayode, Sowemimo Law Firm) on Strachan Street, Lagos Island.

A Firm jointly owned by his father and Chief Sobo Sowemimo) (SAN). While at the Law Chambers, Femi teamed up with Mr. Seyi Sowemimo, the son of Chief Sobo Sowemimo to run the Chamber. But instead of facing the law practice, Femi was only interested in anything in skirts, partying and just talking as he never contributed in any way to any task of the Firm.

Before long, his performance and nonchalant attitude got to his mother who was then the Executive Chairman of her late husband’s company- KRAMER ITALO LIMITED (a construction and furniture making company) situated on Apapa Road, Ebute-Metta, Lagos. The mother, Adia Fani-Kayode then asked him to take her position and run the company.

Sometime in February 1996, Femi Fani-Kayode took over the management of the company and by middle of 1997 he had run it aground, bankrupt and it was finally liquidated.


While managing KRAMER ITALO, he started taking drugs again alongside some friends.

Before long, he became recluse. His drug addiction became noticeable when he started to sell his household items (AC, Refrigerator, artworks etc.).

His only car, a Peugeot 505 was roughly used while his wife Regina became a punching bag on a daily basis. He once tried to drown her at a nearby lagoon behind his house.
Regina luckily escaped to Ghana through the efforts of some friends and staffers of the Ghanaian Embassy. Some of his neighbors like late Banky Duduyemi (son of Chief Alex Duduyemi) and Chief Mrs. Ayoka Dorcas Kuforiji-Olubi became aware of his problems.

To make matters worse, Femi sold his four bedroom duplex inheritance on Marine Road, Apapa-Lagos to buy drugs and moved into his fathers’ house on the same street. His mother who could have offered help was herself in London while Femi was engaged in all sorts of nefarious activities. His elder brother and the scion of the Fani-Kayode dynasty, Barrister Akinola Fani-Kayode could not also help because he was mentally challenged.

Till today, Barrister Akinola is still an out-patient of Yaba Psychiatrist hospital in Lagos.

When Femi’s case became unbearable, some of his friends through the help of Banky Duduyemi called his mother in London and the old woman came to tend to her son.

He was again moved to Bishop Duncan Williams Mental Home in Ghana in November 1997 where he was once again delivered.

He came back into the country in 2003 through the assistance of late Chief Bola Ige who introduced him to ex-President Obasanjo the man he had serially vilified. And through the help of his friend, Chief Akin Osuntokun he became an assistant to the former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Now FFK wants to “Negotiate” payment of N6b from Daily Trust without a court ruling in his favour . Just like that. 😆 ..

Guy man!

Viral Post