Do you suspect your partner might be cheating on you? How can you tell for sure without strapping a lie detector to them or hiring a private investigator? Three top psychologists and relationship experts share the 12 signs that signify he could be doing the dirty
1. The usual suspects: lipstick on his collar or clothes, unexpected marks indicative of sexual activity on his body, another woman’s scent on his clothes or hair. Especially if this happens more than once.
2. All of a sudden, his working days are longer, maybe he even has to travel, so he’s away from you overnight, for a couple of days at a time, or even longer. Especially when this is coupled with some of the other signs, these are clear pointers that he probably is playing away. The same holds true of sudden, increased lifestyle expenses (drinks, meals, hotels) that don’t include you.
3. They’s not present. Even when your partner is physically present, they’re off in their own world, they’re not really there with you.
4. If your partner takes a lot more trouble over their appearance, whether that means dressing better, a sudden heavy use of aftershave, perfume or an infatuation with the gym and lifting weights. Showering before coming to bed, which sometimes signifies guilt or a desire to avoid detection of the scent of a lover, is another clue.
5. A new enthusiasm for a colleague at work, a newly single female, or even a friend of yours. Suddenly, he’s talking about her a lot and only too willing to help her out. In fact, he’s almost over-helpful! It feels like a crush, to you.
6. He stops noticing you. You could probably wear a bag over your head and he wouldn’t notice. Even when he ‘makes an effort’ to be with you, he doesn’t really notice you. A client once told me she’d stuck a strand of her long hair in the flame during a candle-lit dinner with her husband – and he didn’t notice.
7. Hints and warnings from colleagues, friends and families. Chances are they have your best interests at heart, and they know something you don’t.
8. Your intuition is screaming at you that he’s having an affair. You may not be able to substantiate what your intuition is saying, but that doesn’t stop it being true. Your intuition doesn’t have an agenda. It doesn’t want you to hold onto this man at all costs. It just tells you the truth that it picks up from a thousand subtle clues.
9. Accusations that you’re jealous and/or crazy. Attack is a cheater’s best form of defence. These are classic ploys for making you doubt yourself. Unless you are a habitually jealous person, you need to trust your gut.
10. Showing you his text messages and email accounts. An accomplished cheat will have a mobile that you’ll never even see which he uses for his other woman/women. The same goes for email accounts. As regards social media, unless he is an idiot, and/or wants you to find out, you probably won’t find any traces of cheating on his social media.
11. Are they suddenly being overly nice? Allowing you to watch whatever you want on TV, buying you gifts, asking if you would like to go out to your favourite restaurant. For some, having an affair can make them act happier in their life… or guilt can make them try to make it up to you subconsciously
12. Maybe the opposite is true and they are constantly picking fault with you or accusing you of cheating. When attraction fades in a relationship and there’s something going on the side, it’s easy to get irritable. The added burden of deceit doesn’t help. Plus, once someone has successfully cheated undetected they start to think if they could do it why cant you.
13. Did your significant other always have things to say, and has suddenly become distant? Your relationship may be losing intimacy because your lover has started a new one with someone else.
14. Does he or she become angry when you come over unannounced, or only text you when they are at home, never calling you? These are also signs of a between-the-sheets betrayal. For some reason, they do not want you at their home at certain times, and they do not want to call you while they are at home.
15. Casually ask a partner where they were such and such day, and let them answer. Remember their answer, and ask again a few days later. If they are lying constantly, then they will have a hard time keeping up. They may start to get angry with these simple questions, another big hint.
Also read http://baroness-j.com/2016/02/25/these-signs-will-tell-you-your-relationship-is-heading-for-the-rocks/